Thursday, February 10, 2011

That Foolish Cross

“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” – 1 Cor. 1:18 
What a blessing is Sovereign Grace!  Believers can easily recognize themselves in the later part of the verse “unto us which are saved it [the preaching of the cross] is the power of God”, but the first part is not any less important.  Every believer should see the worthlessness of their own merit in the first clause, “the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness.”
I was once one of those that was perishing and dead in sin.  The Gospel of Christ, His suffering, and victory over death was foolishness to such a one as I.  My wisdom could not fathom the beauty of such a shameful act unless God opened my eyes and SAVED me! 
Thank God that even my faith is a gift of God’s grace!  Without it I would be mocking the foolishness of the cross.  Instead, I am left to marvel at the Grace of the Almighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment